You are here: Home / Senior / MY LOVE, DON'T CROSS THAT RIVER
FESTIVALS: * DMZ International Film Festival
* Tempo Dokumentärfestival
* Vision du Réel
* Hawai International Film Festival
* Hot Docs
* Los Angeles Film Festival
* Sydney Film Festival
* New York Asian Film Festival
* Melbourne Film Festival
* Flahertiana IDFF
* Milwaukee Film Festival
* Ânûû-rû âboro
* Hamptons International Film Festival
* Films from the South
* BFI London Film Festival
* DocAviv - International Competition
* Hot Docs - World Showcase
* Millenium International Documentary Film Festival - International Competition
AWARDS: * Akademia Dokumentalna Award - Docs Against Gravity Film Festival
* Audience Award - DMZ
* Audience Award - Moscow International Film Festival
* Best Documentary - Los Angeles Film Festival
* REPUBLIC of TURKEY, MINISTRY of CULTURE & TOURISM SPECIAL PRIZE - TRT documentary Awards
* Audience Award - Visions du Réel, Nyon
* Special Jury Award - Millenium Documentary Film Festival
* La Trois Award (RTBF) - Millenium Documentary Film Festival
My Love, Don't Cross That River
Human Interest, Romance, Senior
Running time |
There is a 200 years old house by the riverside, and a couple who have lived together for 76 years.
Mr. Byongman Jo is 98 years old, but still strong enough to carry lots of firewood. He is so playful that sometimes makes his wife cry. When he cleans the garden, he is prone to splash leaves on his wife. When it snows, he starts a snowball fight. When his wife does the laundry at the small stream, he likes pouring water on her. The wife, Mrs. Gyeyeul Kang is 89 years old. She still cooks three meals a day for her husband and had never fed him a cold meal.
They wear Korean traditional cloths all the time, go to market every five days, go for a picnic with neighbours, and enjoy dance parties. They are still young.
Recently, he is getting weak day by day, and sleeps a lot. She often looks at the river in silence. 40 years ago, they moved here across the river, and when their 6 sons and daughters got married, they went across the river. Her husband will go across the river one day leaving her behind.
She starts to prepare the death of her husband for the next life with him.