FESTIVALS: * Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival
* Stockholm Film Festival Junior
* Nashville Film Festival
* Palm Beach International Film Festival
* Atlanta Film Festival
* CAAM Fest (Center for Asian American Media)
* Stranger Than Fiction – IFC Center, New York
* New America Foundation – DC Film Series
* DC Independent Film Festival
* St. Louis International Film Festival
* New America Foundation – New York Film Series
* DOC NYC
* DMZ Korean International Documentary Festival
* Hawaii International Film Festival
* CNEX Documentary Film Festival
* Sheffield Doc/Fest
* Grand Prize and Best Editing Prize at Los Angeles Asian American Film Festival
The Road to Fame
Arts&Culture, Current Affairs, Economy, Entertainment, Human Interest, Music, Social Issues, Youth
Running time |
80’ - 56'
Tripod Media LLC
China's top drama academy stages the American musical “Fame”—China’s first official collaboration with Broadway—as the graduation showcase for its senior class. During the eight-month rehearsal, five students compete for roles, struggle with pressure from family and authority, and prepare to graduate into China’s corrupt entertainment industry.
Part of China’s single-child generation, they were spoiled growing up but are now obliged to carry on the failed dreams of their parents. They must confront complex social realities and their own anxieties, and, in the process of staging “Fame,” negotiate their own definitions of and paths to success in today’s China.